Following in our IACRAO tradition, we’ve adopted two interrelated charities to ask our membership to support – Riley Children’s Hospital and the Ronald McDonald House. Because we want to make supporting our sponsored charities a special priority this year, we are adding an incentive to members to bring contributions to the conference. Two ‘major awards’ will be raffled at the Tuesday luncheon, and here’s how you can enter to win:
To support the Ronald McDonald house, bring pop-tops; you’ll get one entry for any number of pop-tops.
Bring items from the Riley Children’s Hospital wish list. Each donated item earns you another entry.
You can learn more about our sponsored charities below.
Riley Children’s Health provides kids with comprehensive medical care from a regular check-up to a complex diagnosis. They provide both special care and primary care services.
Special Care Services – You know you can depend on Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, one of the nation’s top-ranked children’s hospitals, when your child needs best-in-class across every pediatric specialty known to medicine.
Primary Care Services – With Riley at IU Health Primary Care, you’ll find the most highly skilled network of general pediatrician and family medicine providers. Dedicated to caring for your child’s everyday health needs, the coordinated approach delivers a wide range of services and personalized care to keep your child well.
Thousands of families benefit each year from your gifts to the Child Life Program at Riley at IU Health. Explore how you can lend support for our programs by visiting the Riley Cheer Guild and read through the list below for suggestions on what to donate:
Gift Card Suggestions
Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Meijer, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, United Artist & Education and iTunes.
- Infant Fisher Price Soothers
- Infant wrist rattles and Sassy rattles
- Musical Toys
- Chuck and Friends trucks and cars
- Action Figures
- Small stuffed animals (leave the manufacturer’s tags attached)
- Baby First Dolls (newborn +)
- Lego sets, including Bionicles (ages 3 + up)
- Nintendo Wii games (rated E for Everyone)
- DVD’s (G, PG & PG-13 rated, new releases preferred)
- Uno Card Games
- Fisher Price medical kits
- Nerf Basketball with Hoop
- Leap Frog toys
- V-Tech Learning toys
- Board books
- Littlest Pet Shop/My Little Pony
- Interactive books (i.e., I Spy, Where’s Waldo?, Magic Eye, Sound Books, etc.)
- Hot Wheels sets of 5 or individual
- Bandages (Characters, bright colored or sport)-must be latex-free
- Colts or Pacers shirts and hats
- Crayola Washable crayons
- Crayola Washable markers and paints
- Dry Erase Board with Markers
- Crayola Color Wonder sets with Markers
- Pottery Kits with paints
- Art drawing pads
- Play ‘N’ Go Packs
- Paint by Number for young kids and teens
- Messenger bags with markers
- Fuzzy posters with markers
- Nail polish (individual bottles)
- Play-doh kits and individual containers
- Suncatchers with paints (single pack)
We will also collect pop-tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. Bring all of those saved pop-tabs with you or start saving the now and while conferencing, please pull those pop-tabs off your cans and deposit them into one of the boxes located at the registration table and in session rooms.